Saturday, October 29, 2011

Connvveeerrrrsseee!

I love these. They're my favorite.

Actually, I dunno if they're my favorite, but I do really like them.

You don't have to use these same colors, but as a base I used Blazed from Wet'nWild's Wild shine collection. The other colors I used were White On from Sally Hansen's Xtreme wear collection, Black on Black by Sinful Colors, and LA Color's Art Deco silver striper.

I apologize for crappy photo quality, my camera's being a jerk.

First, paint your nails with whatever color you want the sneaker to be. Use enough layers to get it opaque, otherwise the shoes will look weird and translucent and just... Weird. So make them opaque.

Next, use the silver striper to paint the tip.

The next step reminds me of lightbulbs. Use a black striper or a tiny paintbrush and black to paint a curved line through the silver, then curved lines from the end of the first line going up toward the cuticle. You'll see what I mean in the next picture.
Next, use a white striper or white polish and a tiny paintbrush to paint laces. This is actually more difficult than it sounds, but you can do it! Paint x's going from either side of the black lines that go toward your cuticle, as shown here.

Last but not least, use a dotting tool (Pardon my ghetto version) to do little loops that the laces go through.

(This isn't the greatest picture, but that's a straight pin shoved into a pencil. But it works just fine if you don't want to put out those extra few dollars to go buy a dotting tool.)

Apply a topcoat and you're done! I used number 110 Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, which definitely lives up to its name. After putting this on a super wet design, it'll be dry within a couple of minutes.

It's fantastic.

4 comments: